We were at my office "working" until around 1:00 pm and then I promised to take him to lunch at his favorite place. If any of you have read here long enough you will know his fave thing to eat is Chickfila. So, we hit the local mall and had lunch together. Let me tell you, my boy can eat. On special occasions I let him order for himself. When I do this he will big the "big" meal over a kids meal....
And he will eat the entire thing! He has a metabolism girls like me are totally jealous of!!!
After our little lunch date we headed over to Great American Cookie Co. and picked up this little delicious goodie...
The one gift he asked for us to get him was his own Bible. He only had two requests when it came to the Bible... pictures and his name on the front. It was a bit hard to find the perfect Bible that we could get his name on but we did have success getting the right one with pictures. And he was super excited to find all the red words. And if that doesn't make a parent feel good about how they are raising their kids then I don't know what will.
Turning 5 is a big milestone for my boy.
~ He now gets to join his big sis at the gym for all the fun stuff. Yoga, swimming, kid cardio.
We tried out the swimming on Thursday and he did ok, but fell off a kickboard and went under needing a lifeguard to rescue him. He wasn't startled and wanted to go back in but the instructor said we would try again. He is still really excited to "get to go upstairs" for yoga and dancing and such with his sis though and keeps asking to go to the gym!
~Peanut has been registered for soccer. This will be his first go at a sport (other than running youth track) and he is very excited! He has put all his soccer gear on a few times "just to see how it looks!"
~Kindergarten in the fall. How IS that possible?? I am really nervous. I'm not sure how he feels about it yet though. He is asking if he can move out of his 4 yr old clas to the 5 yr class at his preschool. I don't want him to have another year of preschool though, if we can avoid that. We are looking at just going ahead with kindergarten in the fall and praying for the best. The mama in me only worries on days when I drop him off and he is clingy.
I still can't believe 5 years have passed and my baby boy is now a little man. I can't wait to watch him as he continues to grow!


2 comments:
What a sweet little guy you have! They do grow up so fast. I was watching videos of my 14 year old today of when he was just a baby. Seems like yesterday...
Happy 5th birthday to your little (I mean big!) boy!
happy birthday! What a fun age and stage! And, I remember when my younger son got to join his big brother in the big boy room at the gym! Good times!
laura@imnotatrophywife.com
Post a Comment