Monday, February 7, 2011

Meet Me on Monday (2-7-11)




Every Sunday Never Growing Old will post five get to know you questions that you can copy and paste into your own Monday post and we can all learn a little more about each and every one of us!!


I haven't participated in a while but thought I would this week since I was such a bad blogger last week! At least this way I have a post up and you get to learn a little more about me. :)




1. Did you watch the Superbowl?
haha Do you know what my blog is called? "Diaries of a Coach's Wife"  A football coach's wife at that.. And you wanna know if I watched the SuperBowl??  Why of course I do and did!!! We are ALL about some football in this house! And about the game, gah close games are crazy!



2. What is the last book that you read?
Run Like a Mother, the book
I've read it twice actually. I'm a runner. I'm a mom and yet every time I open this book I get a little more out of it.
I would like to find some more books to read. So, I am looking forward to reading other's answers to this question.


3. What is your favorite kind of cake?
First of all, let me say that even though I have made a lifestyle change and don't always always eat cake I have never met a cake a didn't like. But birthday cake is my favorite! It has to be moist though and I prefer buttercream frosting rather than that "free flo" gunk some bakeries use. And I love a good bakery cake...not the grocery store kind (even though those are yummy) but a real bakery birthday cake.


4. Do you snore?
I've never stayed away to find out. ;) And I have never recorded myself sleeping to hear whether I do or not. Hubby might say sometimes I do but that man can saw some serious logs and I am sure I do not compare to him even if I do snore.


5. Do you play an instrument?
I took voice lessons and violin/fiddle lessons as a kid, but never really learned how to play. I did manage to talk my dad into buying me my own violin/fiddle when I was a kid. It's been autographed by Alison Krauss but that was before she got a little more famous. She use to play at this little hole in the wall joint in ATL called the Variety Playhouse and I thought I was so cool because I met her face to face and told her I wanted to play just like her. HA! Never happened.

7 comments:

KimberFNP said...

Wow! Allison Kraus is probably my favorite female singer. I love all her stuff, from her old gospel to the newer stuff. I tried the violin/fiddle for 2 days and the sounds that were coming out of there were horrible, I didn't think I could stand hearing myself until I could get it right.
Thanks for stopping by my blog...

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Blue Bell has a Birthday Cake ice cream and it's awesome!!! It's vanilla ice cream with chunks of birthday cake, sprinkles, and chocolate fudge icing. It's to die for!!!

Kris said...

I do love real bakery cakes too. We only have one of those places in town though so you have to decide what kind of cake you want early!! stopping by from MMOM

Ronalee said...

I followed you from MMOM and I have really enjoyed reading your recent entries. You have a great way of entertaining the reader.

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

I just stumbled across you blog, love the name, its too cute. Hope ya'll had a good Super Bowl Sunday, since it seems to be a requirement in your household :)
Now I'm off to have a better look around here!
http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Enjoyed reading your answers. I knew your answer to #1 would be a big YES! I tried to play a few instruments but never followed through.

Rebecca Mecomber said...

I would so love to play the violin!!!

I played, too! :D Sorry I'm late. :( Been a crazy week.

Rebecca at http://freakyfrugalite.com