Friday, August 27, 2010

Rivalry Game of the Week

The Tornadoes played last night (Thursday) instead of tonight because they played their cross town rival, The Rebels, and it was a televised game. Being new to the Tornado family I don't know a whole lot about the game itself other than it is the biggest game in our county and there was suppose to be about 10k people in attendance last night. The place was crowded and plenty of people were left standing to watch the game. *I* was standing myself for most of it even though I had a seat. It was a great game and by the end of the 4th quarter with about 5 minutes left to go my stomach was in a knot. I have a love/hate relationship with football games that are close like that. 

Both teams went back and forth with leading the entire game and if I remember correctly there was never more than a 4 point lead either way. Yes, folks..it was close!!! Now I am not a sports writer and am not good at all about giving commentary for football games so I will just put it to you like a girl who loves the game but knows little about it would....

It was a dang good ballgame and we came out with a big fat W!!!

GO TORNADOES!! 


The scoreboard says it all!  
35-31
Great game, Alcoa!


2 comments:

Mary said...

WOO-HOO! One of my dogs hid in one of the bedrooms...I was yelling at the tv and it scared her!
I HATE games that are that close. The first state championship game we won to start this streak (in 2004) was like last night's game. I can't take too many of those!

McCrakensx4 said...

yay! that is AWESOME!!! congrats! What an exciting game for sure...I am not a fan of those games either though! And how fun to be on TV...we were on TV thrusday night as well but ours didn't end so well!