Sunday, September 6, 2009

It's Football Time in Tennessee!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday was the season opener for our Tennessee Vols! They played at Neyland Stadium against Western Kentucky University. We really don't usually make it to many of the games (if any at all) but we do like to watch the Vols play when they are on tv. Lucky for us yesterday's game was on tv. We headed out early in the day to the grocery store to stock up on some game day food.



Peanut picked out this HUGE "Rocky Top" cupcake. It was more than enough for the 4 of us to share. And I know you all know how much I love cupcakes. ;) I let go of the "diet" for game day!

My boy chowing down on his bite of the cupcake he chose. He rarely picks out sweets so I was surprised to see that he actually ate some of it!


Justin wanted to grill brats and hot dogs and decided that the only thing that would make them better was a pan of chili! He threw some turkey/cheese brats on the grill for us and hot dogs for the kids. The chili was perfect, too!


Since we were cheating we went ahead and broke out the Fry Daddy! Yum, waffle fries!!


I had to snap a picture of Annabelle's plate of food. She didn't touch a bite. Not even of the cupcake. Sadly she woke up with a low grade fever and nasty cough/congestion. She cried a while about a headache. We treated it most of the day with Motrin and Mucinex like the Peds office said to do.


Fever spiked to 103 by 4pm and she got sick not even an hour later. We decided to go ahead and take her to Children's just in case. After FOUR, yes 4, hours there, an orange Popsicle, lemon-lime soda and peeing in a cup for the first time, a little finger prick that got the poor nurse kicked in the knee....we found out it is the same nasty virus almost everyone in town has. *sigh* So Annabelle slept til 9:30 this morning and woke up saying, "I feel so much better today, Mom!" And she did. There was plenty of sibling love going on in our house today! ha ha
Oh and the Vols won.
63-7

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a football fanatic!

McCrakensx4 said...

What a fun post....too bad we are not Vols fans, we are Michigan fans!! Go Blue!! I am sorry to hear that you spent your Sat night at the ER, hoping that she is feeling better and won't miss any school. Have a great Labor Day! Ryan is at practice as I type, so much for a day off!!!

MamaOtwins+1 said...

I LOVE the waffle fries!

Sorry about your sick one - we had a few sick ones ourselves.