Says my Sweet Girl on the ride to Mamaw's this morning.
"Oh really!?" I say.
"Yeah, Mom. I have hairs on my legs and arms and I just don't want them there anymore."
"Well, I can tell you that at 6 years old you really have no business shaving so the hair is there for a bit longer. Sorry sweet girl!"
"But Mom they have this thing on TV that is like lotion you use in the shower and it takes the hair of AUTOMATICALLY!! I think that would be good for me instead of doing like you do so I won't cut myself and bleed."
Darned infomercials!!! I take this as a sign that my kid watches too much TV! Or have things changed so much that my sweet little 6 year old baby girl should worry about the teeny tiny faint hair on her arms and legs??? Oy.


4 comments:
No way, at six she is worried about this. That is not a good sign yet there is no way to avoid it. Our world has changed so much and it scares me. This is how it starts, the body image thing, and she is way to young. Just be strong and remind her each day how perfect God made her. Building self esteem in the best protection.
Lol, that is too cute. How smart of her.
Ah..look out girlfriend, she is going to be up on all the fashion trends!
Oh LORD that BELLE! She is too funny! Tori will sit there and look at all the Sham-wow and other infomercials - then every time I say something about cleaning or whatever she will tell me ALL about this "new" product she saw on TV. I think we should disconnect the cable!
Post a Comment