Monday, June 15, 2009

Track Meet

The one and only track meet the kids participated in this summer was held Saturday. They actually have track meets every Saturday in the month of June, but this summer we are busy busy. This week the kids are out of town spending the week at Grammy's house so they will miss both practices and the meet this coming weekend. Then we leave to go to the beach for a week, so they will miss the last week of June's practices and meet too. We decided we should at least let them participate in one meet. And that is just what we did on Saturday morning.

We were late (as usual)! But we did make it just in time for Annabelle to get to the long jump pit. Of course I didn't even get to find out how far she jumped. She kind of got thrown off on her second jump and jumped twice at the line before jumping into the long jump pit. As a result of that I didn't quite the photo I was hoping for because it threw me off guard. So, I got this really cute one of her running just before her jump. I love how she holds her tongue to once side. And I realize you can't really see it in this picture but it's there (trust me) and it is just so cute!


We had quite a while to wait between the long jump and 4 x 1 relay. My kids were driving me absolutely nuts, too. ;) Peanut spent quite a bit of time running around playing and going up and down the little steps (as seen here).

Annabelle wanted to play with my camera. By play I mean that she wanted to take some pictures. Here is one of Peanut and myself that she took. Not awful, of course I did crop out all the bad parts. Teehee.

Finally it was time for the 4 x 1 relay. Annabelle was the second leg. I had set my camera to take 3 shots and when I hit the button for it to snap the shots for whatever reason it decided to NOT do what it was told. Kind of like my kids most of the time. ;) Anyway, I did finally get this one picture after she made the exchange.


I slacked for the 50 meter dash. Both kids ran it, but I was on the opposite end of the track and just didn't feel like walking back to where they finished. I know, bad mama. Hubby made me feel slightly guilty for not going down and getting pictures. I feel bad. Oh well. Next year I will do better. And we both realized Saturday that next year Annabelle will move up a level. Gosh they grow so fast!!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Amazing! Looks like you have a great facility there and I love your photos:)

Mamarazzi said...

FUN!!! looks like a fabulous program for the kids, very cool.

Anonymous said...

I wish they had stuff like that during the summer here for kids. Looks like they had a wonderful time.

kado! said...

I think that kids track meet is a fantastic idea! What a great confidence builder! I still remember winning some of my first ribbons that way!!! So many fun memories you are building!!!

You are an awesome Momma...and you look great in the pic your daughter took of you!

Lizzie said...

i miss track meets!!!! these pictures make me feel old, ha ha.

looks like it was a good day though and i hope you have a wonderful week ahead.

Mocha Dad said...

I wish we had a track meet for kids in my hometown. My son loves to run and would enjoy this immensely.