Friday, June 12, 2009

Mary, Mary Quite Contrary....

How does your garden grow?

No, I'm not Mary and technically I don't have a garden. The contrary part? I know a select few who would say that is true, but that is a post for a different time (trust me).

Anyway, when we bought our house a few years back I had hubby plant some of my fave flowers. Calla lilies. Love them. They didn't bloom the first year but last year I had a ton. So, this year we bought some really nice calla lilies and I expected to just have greens grow this year and the flowers to bloom next summer. Wrong! I was surprised when he told me to go over and look at what I had in the little area we planted the new bulbs. Shocked, I was! Here are a few pics of what I saw this morning. These are the new lilies we planted in April. I didn't snap any pics of the first lilies we planted because so far this year I only have two white ones that bloomed. I am hoping for more. I am happy to have so many of the new flowers that bloomed this year though. I was going to cut them and bring them in to put in a vase but hubby said I should just leave them. I haven't made the final decision on that. Anyway, below are pics of a few of the lilies from this morning.

7 comments:

Lizzie said...

what beautiful flowers!!! yup, i kill every type of flower and plant. i try! i really try!

*Teresa* said...

They are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Stephanie said...

Wow! Those are my fave flowers too. They were my boquet when I went down the aisle. I have never thought of actually trying to grow some!
Beautiful.

Unknown said...

Wow, those look great!

kado! said...

How awesome is that!!!! so pretty!!!

Leslie said...

G
O
R
G
E
O
U
S
!

Hope you enjoy our weekend!

kel said...

I am so jealous!! I am not a gardener, at all. I kill anything green, Kermit better watch out.

P.s switched up the name of my blog...http://ahesitanthousewife.blogspot.com/