Sunday, April 5, 2009

Recipe Swap - 4/6/09

Anissa over at Learningtogetherhandinhand is hosting a recipe swap on Mondays! How fun! I decided to join as a way to meet new blog friends AND pick up some new recipes. Hop on over and take a look and if you feel so inclined to join in the fun, just follow the directions posted on here blog. :)

Photobucket

For my recipe swap recipe I thought I would go the lighter side of food and do a recipe that was my favorite from a weight loss program I did for about a year. My family loves this meal and my hubby can make it well. (thanks honey!) I don't have a photo of it but it is super easy.

Ingredients:
-6-8 0z boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
-2 tbsp low sodium teriyaki sauce
-1 tbsp water
-1 garlic clove, minced
-1/8 tsp ground ginger
-1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted

It calls for kabob skewers, but my hubby always cooks this in a wok rather than broiling it in the oven on skewers. I am going to post directly from the book though. ;)

1. For marinade, combine teriyaki sauce, water, garlic and ginger.
2. Stir in chicken. Refrigerate and let marinade for 20 minutes.
3. Thread chicken, accordion style, onto skewers.
4. Place on broiler pan. Broil 4-5 inches from heat for 3 minutes.
5. Turn over and broil another 3-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
6. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.

We like to serve this on top of brown rice with a side of steamed broccoli. YUM!!!! When my hubby cooks it he just puts a little EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) in a hot wok then tosses in the chicken (after marinading) and cooks until almost done before adding the sesame seeds. Let me know if you try it and how you like it.

*Also, this is for one serving size, so obviously if you are making this for your family/friends you would definitely want more than 6-8 ounces of chicken and then maybe double the marinade. :)

6 comments:

kel said...

That sounds nummy!!!

Anonymous said...

That sound great, as I love me some chicken breast! Thanks for playing along and sharing.

Martha said...

Sounds great.

Stacie said...

Yumm-o!! =)

This will be a hit in my house for sure.

Stacy Uncorked said...

These sound really good! Thanks for sharing! :)

Xazmin said...

Ooh, this sounds fun! I may have to join up next week!

Xazmin