Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm proud...

and for a change it's because of ME!

Normally, I'd post the words "I'm proud" and would be talking about my hubby or the kids. Not today. Well, I am proud of them, but this is about ME! ha ha

Thursday of last week I decided it was now (right now) that I had to get serious about working out! So, I did. Thursday night I completed a 4 mile workout. I was happy with how well I did and that I made it through the whole workout without giving up. I ached the next day, but decided not to give up on myself or stop with the exercise. I did take a break for the weekend, but we were so busy that I don't feel like I did myself wrong by take a couple days off. Besides, I picked right back up yesterday! I did a walk/jog interval workout of 2.5 miles!

I didn't stop there though. Today I did another 2.5 miles. :) Go me!!! Tonight I also plan to do another 1 mile when my hubby brings home some light hand weights. I'm planning on doing a 1 mile (aka muscle mile) with the weights.

Some background at this point in my post would be good for those of you reading. July 2008 my best friend and I completed a 5K in Georgia. My first 5K! And since then I have wanted to run/jog/walk another 5K but only make my time better. Slowly I will get there. I guess by posting this here I hope to hold myself somewhat accountable for my goals and hey, maybe you guys can help keep the motivation there with reminding me of my goal! :)

So there ya have it. Today I am proud of myself because even after 3 short workouts I haven't given up on myself. I think now I have the drive to just keep going.

2 comments:

Mikayla said...

Thanks for following new post coming soon... :D

-Ms. Mik

Brandi said...

K, I am SOOOOO proud of you! Envious really! I can't wait get back working out. We've got to run the River Run again this year and I'll even come up there for a run!

Love you to the moon and back, keep up the good work
B